Harborough site

Sunday, 15-Sep-2019
Home>Who Can Use the Service

Who Can Use the Service

Who can use the service?   

Anyone who has been accepted onto Harborough Home Search's Housing Register is able to use the service. To apply to join the Housing Register you must be over 16 years of age.

You can apply to join the housing register by completing the application process on line at https://www.harborough-homes.org.uk/Data/ASPPages/1/38.aspx.
The application form enables you to apply for a property to rent from a Housing Association in the district or within the Leicestershire sub-region.  You can also register for shared ownership. Please ensure that you complete all the questions on the application form and provide all the proofs required to enable us to assess your application – remember to send only copies of original documents as we cannot take responsibility for original documents or the return of them. For details on how to contact us and our opening hours click How to Contact Us.

If you do not have a computer at home, someone in your family may have a computer and be able to help you with this, alternatively computer access is available in some local libraries in the district and in reception at The Symington Building Market Harborough. 

If you have difficulty in completing the registration process please contact our Housing Advice Team to advise you on the process.

Click Prioritising Applications for more details on our banding scheme.

Before you are offered a property the Landlord will check the details of the household that has matched with the highest housing need, and will make sure that the information given on their application form is correct.  It will be at this stage that they will check whether the home seeker has rent arrears (missed rent payments).  This is because home seekers with rent arrears may not qualify to be offered a property.

Who cannot use the service?

You cannot bid for properties if you have not completed an application form and been accepted onto the housing register.

There are also some people who will not by law be eligible to join the housing register. These are:

  • Certain people who are subject to Immigration Control under the 1996 Asylum and Immigration Act
  • Certain people from abroad who are not subject to immigration control but who are not habitually resident in the UK, the Channel Islands, the Isle of Man or the Republic of Ireland

For more information contact our Housing Advice Team.

Site powered by Abritas  |  Cookie policy